Thursday, March 29, 2012
Pretty in Pink
Here are some of our favourite pink bouquets we've found.
This one's by Holly Chapple. And photo cred goes to Kristen Gardner :)
By STEMS by Abby Daigle
By STEMS by Abby Daigle
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Deep Purple Showcase
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Bridal Shoe Options
We've put together a few bridal shoe options and their pros and cons.
You may recognize these from the first Sex and the City movie. They're the shoes Carrie leaves in the closet of the dream apartment; the shoes she goes back to get before it goes on the market. She also wears them when she eventually marries Big.
These shoes have become super popular for weddings. And, they make a knock-off version so you don't have to drop $1000+ buying Manolo Blahnik shoes. They are perfect because they also take care of the "something blue".
I don't know if you can see here, but these Toms are actually white with a bit of glitter. These would be perfect for a summer, outdoorsy wedding. They're so comfy (anyone who has Toms knows this) and by buying Toms, you're helping to give shoes to children in need. Read about the Toms movement here.
These are very classic and cute. They give you that tiny heel without hurting your feet.
These are also classic and the thick heel makes them more comfortable than a stiletto. They are also dyeable so if you would like your bridesmaids to wear them too, they can match their dresses!
I don't think they make a knock-off of these yet but these are Manolo Blahnik and they're actually the wedding shoes Kristen Stewart wears in Breaking Dawn - Part 1.
Last, but not least, we have something like this. These are for the bride who isn't afraid of anything. They're high, they're blingy and they are fantastic.
Friday, March 16, 2012
We just thought it would be nice to post some photos of what we've been up to on the blog!
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
WeddingWire Showcase Video!
Wednesday, March 07, 2012
Don't cheap out!
1. Lighting – The right reception lighting can help camouflage some unflattering spots in the room like shabby curtains or carpet. It can also help to highlight your favourite details such as your fantastic table centres.
2. Ceremony Décor – A personalized ceremony can go a long way and can make your guests feel welcome. Also, you can use the flowers at your ceremony at your reception. We often strategically place pew bows around the reception room and we’re happy to arrange for pickup at the ceremony and then delivery and set up at the reception! This way, the flowers used at your ceremony don’t go to waste for the rest of the wedding.
3. The Photo Booth – We’ve blogged about this before but we just love the idea of having a photo booth at the reception. It’s such a nice way to get a photo of each and every one of your guests. Just a tip – make sure you designate someone to encourage guests to go and get their picture taken.
4. Late-Night snacks – just like at your social, people get hungry later on at night. Help to make sure they aren’t hungry and in turn, unhappy by providing a little snack around midnight. It doesn’t have to be anything too spectacular but that will be a nice touch your guests will remember and appreciated.
5. Linens – While sometimes pricey, customized chair and table covers do wonders to the décor of a room. Hotels often have such ugly chairs and the covers help to tie in your colours consistently throughout the room.
6. FLOWERS! – Obviously we’re biased but we can’t stress this enough. If there’s anything not to cheap out on, it’s the flowers. Leave it to us professionals to put your bouquets and table centres together and even to set up and decorate the room. Everyone in your wedding party and your parents will be busy the day of. Don’t rely on them to be available to decorate. Not to mention, flowers are part of nature and nature cannot be controlled. If you let us at The Floral Fixx do your flowers, we will be responsible for them. If something goes wrong that’s out of anyone’s control like the hydrangea’s going wilty, we’ll fix it! We’re responsible and we will fix it for you. You don’t need the flowers stressing you out on your big day.
Thursday, March 01, 2012
Bout, Bout, Who's got the Bout?
I challenge the brides out there to put some more thought into your groom's flowers. Even if you're trying to match it with your bouquet (which most brides are), why not be a little creative (or more accurately, let US be creative for you) and pick something kinda different for your groom to wear on the big day (it's his big day too!).
We've compiled some photos of interesting boutonnieres for your man.