Thursday, April 19, 2012
A Green Wedding
1. Save the trees – When you’re looking into getting your invitations printed, look for somewhere that will print on recycled paper. Or better yet, skip the paper all together and send an email out to your guests. There are amazing programs and designers out there that can make you a beautiful, customized e-invitation.
2. Green dress – Your wedding dress is something you’ll wear once. And every bride before you has worn hers once. Consider going with a vintage or only-worn-once dress. There are plenty of women out there who aren’t looking to hold on to their dress and with the power of the Internet, you might find your perfect designer dress for a lot cheaper than you would pay if it was brand new. And let’s face it, a dress that was worn once for eight hours can hardly be considered “used”.
3. Organic/seasonal menu – When planning your menu, choose organic and local ingredients. Not only do they save the environment, support your local economy and farmers, but they taste better! Vegetables, meat and fruit grown in your backyard is way fresher than something that’s traveled a million miles on a truck.
4. Eco-friendly wedding favours – Instead of the traditional mints in a net bag, try giving your guests something that will help the environment. A little tree growing kit or a customized seed packet is not only eco-friendly but fun, original and fairly gender neutral.
5. Green transportation – Instead of a limo, consider renting a horse-drawn carriage for your transportation. There won’t be any pollution and it’s lovely and romantic. Or, rent a hybrid vehicle for you and your wedding party. Encourage your guests to carpool or rent a shuttle bus for your guests to use.
6. Green blooms – There are plenty of locally grown, in season flowers that we can help you pick out for your bouquet. Garden-style is becoming more and more popular for wedding flowers and at The Floral Fixx, we can help you pick your perfect “green” bouquet because we know exactly when flowers are in season and where they come from.